Please read the following instructions carefully before taking part in the Space Odyssey 2018.
RULES & REGULATIONS GOVERNING REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN SPACE ODYSSEY 2018
I. CONTEST DESCRIPTION:
“Space Odyssey 2018” is a knowledge and aptitude based competition which is being organized by Space Odyssey Education Pvt. Ltd. (“Organizer”) to select bright and inquisitive minds for greater exposure to international centres of excellence.
- “Registered Student”: means the student taking part in the online test across the country.
- “Competition”: Computer Based Test titled “Space Odyssey 2018 “SO-2018”).
- “Country” means India.
- “Participant(s)”: The Registered student who is selected to participate in the Competition.
- “Organizer”: means the organizer of the Competition which is Space Odyssey Education Pvt. Ltd.
- “Program”: The recordings of the Camp at NASA (including any special/s / Celebrity Special recording).
- “Registrant(s)”: Any person(s) who participates in the Competition and who
- (i) is in the age group of 11-18 years as on 31.12.2018
- (ii) is a citizen of India residing in India
- (iii) is of sound mind and health and
- (iv) enters the Competition in accordance with the Rules and Regulations stated below.
- Employees of Organizer, of the advertising agency which has been appointed from time to time, and also employees of the sponsors; and members of their immediate family; persons other than Indian nationals, or Indian nationals living out of India, or those who do not qualify under the definition of resident of India as per the Income Tax Act, 1961 or those not conversant in spoken English, are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- “Rules and Regulations”: These Rules and Regulations governing the Competition, stated herein in entirety, as may be amended from time to time by the Organizer.
III. PROCEDURE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION:
Registration and online selection test.
- The competition is open to students in the age group 11-18 years, as on 31.12.2018
- The students should be citizens of India and residing and studying in a school/college within the territorial boundaries of India.
- The student needs to fill out the online entry form uploaded on www.spaceodyssey.in(provide exact link to registration page), last date of registration is 30th June 2018.
- Participation Fee is charged as follows: Regular students: INR 5,000/-; Students studying in government schools: INR 500/-; Students registered under EWS category in any school: INR 500/-
- Competitors are segregated into 2 groups: Age 11-14 years and Age 15-18 years.For each of the groups there are following stages:
|Stage 1||Computer Based Test at 80 cities pan India, Multiple Choice Questions of 1 hour duration||Students achieving 50% in this stage will be eligible to get assessed for stage 2 exam|
|Stage 2||Computer Based Test at 80 cities pan India, Multiple Choice Questions in the same sitting as stage 1; of 2 hours duration||Top 10 students will be declared winners in each group. In each group, 2 students of each age will be selected. The remaining 2 slots will be awarded to the students irrespective of age, based on performance.|
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation in the Competition by sending entries shall be considered to be acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
- Competition is open to citizens of India school students in the age group 11-18 years, as on 31.12.2018, and the citizen should be of sound health and mind. Persons must enter the Competition on their own behalf or their ward, and entry(ies) by proxy will not be accepted.
- An entry/ies is not transferable.
- Employees of the Organizer, advertising agency, auditors, company’s contractors which have been appointed from time to time, and also employees of the sponsors; and their respective families; persons other than Indian nationals, or Indian nationals living out of India, or those who do not qualify under the definition of resident of India as per the Income Tax Act, 1961 or those not conversant in spoken English, are ineligible to enter the Competition. Failure to provide proof or affidavit of eligibility, including the proof of name, address and correct date of birth within a reasonable time upon request by the Producer/Company may result in disqualification. The Organizer also reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant incase a discrepancy is found to exist in the information furnished/provided/stated by the Contestant during the conversation with the Producer/Company or any of the Company’s sub-contractors and vendors in the Competition, and/or in the information stated in the documents furnished by the Contestant.
- Each student (referred to as “Contestant”) hereby represents that he/she is not under any exclusive contracts with any other third party/ agency or is not under any kind of disqualification under law to enter into an agreement with the Organizer or its affiliates, as the case may be.
- The Contestant(s) shall undertake, warrant and guarantee to the Organizer that the Contestant has the full legal capacity to participate in the Competition in accordance with these Rules & Regulations.
- By registering for the Competition, the Contestant(s) represents that he/she is medically fit and do not have present or past psychological ailments.. If in the past he/she has had any psychological ailments or have been under medication for any psychological, anxiety, hypertension, depression or any other medical problems, the same shall be disclosed to the Company/Producer in writing along with a copy of the certificate from a qualified medical practitioner declaring him/her to be fit for participation in the Competition.
- The Contestant(s) represent that he/she has not been accused or convicted or is otherwise involved in any criminal offence and/or is not under inquiry or trial by the police or judiciary which has not been disclosed to the Organizer in writing. That the Contestant(s) is /are not required to be present before any authority including police or any court of law during the shooting dates informed by the Organizer and has no other disability which would prevent his/her participation in the Audition or the Competition (if selected).
- The Contestant(s) acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily chosen to participate in the Competition at his / her free-will and is willing to bear all risk, costs & consequences arising from such participation in the Competition. It is a condition of entry and participation in the Competition that the Contestant(s) has not entered into any contractual, commercial, sponsorship agreement (including but not limited to recording, performing and/or merchandising contracts) or other arrangement for example with a management company or an individual to act as the Contestant’s manager in respect of his/her musical or performing abilities or the products thereof or in respect of his/her name, likeness, image or biography which might be in breach of the Contestant Release Form or the Rules & Regulations or otherwise prevent the Contestant(s) from participating in the Competition/ Program or the broadcast, promotion, exploitation or sponsorship thereof.
- Each Contestant is also required to refrain from wearing any clothing items bearing designer or sports logos or bearing the name or likeness of a celebrity, living or dead, during the Camp Part of the Competition. The Contestant(s) are also not permitted to wear or mention any competing TV channel names, or names of competitors of sponsors of the Competition.
- If entries are received for participation, it is assumed that the person sending in the entry has provided us with permission to send SMSs to or call him / her, whether or not such sender is registered on the National Do Not Call registry.
- The Contestant is required to furnish necessary supporting documentation as proof of age, address, name, photo identity and nationality i.e. one original and attested photocopies of either (i) birth certificate or (ii) passport or (iii) ration card
- Organizer may, at its discretion contact the Registrant(s) and/or Contestant(s), if required, for any clarifications needed for the information provided in the registration.
- The Organizer has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the Competition.
- In case there is any mismatch of Contestant(s) details in any round of the Competition, the Contestant(s) may be disqualified from further participation in the Competition, if Contestant is unable to resolve discrepancies.
- All personal details and information requested by and supplied to the Organizer by each Contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant(s) from the Competition or Audition in its sole discretion, should the Contestant(s) at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- If at any time, including after disbursement of any prize, any information submitted by the Contestant(s) is found to be incorrect, false, or otherwise misrepresented or misleading, the Contestant(s) shall be liable to refund all amounts received from the Organizer.
- Organizer shall keep all the information collected from the Contestants confidential and shall share the same with the relevant third parties for the purpose of inviting the Contestants, if selected. The Organizer shall ensure that the Contestants are contacted only for the purpose of present Program.
- Organizer shall not share the information so collected with any party, save and except for the purpose of the present Competition. The Contestants by providing the aforesaid sensitive personal information hereby agree that the company shall have the right to share the information so collected with such other third party as required for the purpose of the Competition and hereby agreed that they shall not file any claim against the Company for sharing such personal information.
- None of the Contestants shall, without the prior written approval of the Organizer, speak to the press or any other media or any third person, nor give any interviews or comments relating to the competition or any aspect of the Competition /Program or write blogs, post any messages in social networking or any site including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter. The Contestant(s) shall not disclose any information whatsoever relating to the Organizer to any other party. Violation of this clause shall immediately disqualify the Contestant’s prospects of further participation.
- The Contestant(s) shall at all times keep confidential the selection process and all details regarding the Competition which he/she might be informed of or which he/she might learn or come to know of as a Contestant(s).
- At no point of time will the Organizer be obliged to notify unsuccessful Contestants of its decision.
- Whilst the Organizer shall make all reasonable endeavours to (i) enable Contestant(s) to proceed with the Competition (ii) to contact all Contestant(s) at each relevant juncture of the Competition, the Organizer can make no guarantee thereof and the Company shall in its sole discretion be entitled to proceed with the next entitled Contestant(s) under these Rules, in case it is unable to successfully contact and communicate with Contestant(s).
- The Organizer will have no liability to a Contestant who is unable to attend or take part in the Competition for whatever reason and the Organizer shall be entitled to disqualify the Contestant(s), replace any such Contestant(s) from the Competition at any time, at the discretion of the Organizer.
- The Organizer further reserves the right to replace at its discretion any Contestant(s) who for any reason fails or is disqualified from or unable to participate in the Program and / or Competition with another replacement Contestant(s), notwithstanding that such replacement Contestant(s) may have been previously eliminated from the Competition and each Contestant shall agree to participate in the Program and/or Competition as and when required by the Organizer to do so.
- In the event that there is a tie between two (or more) Contestant(s), the Organizer shall be entitled to determine in its absolute discretion which Contestant(s) is eliminated and/or which Contestant(s) goes through to the next round (as appropriate) and for this purpose it shall be entitled to make such arrangements or request such further rounds from the Contestants as it in its absolute discretion deems necessary.
- No enquiries, appeals, verbal or written, shall be entertained in this regard.
- All attempts will be made to protect registration data from loss and corruption, but in the event such data loss happens, and because of the intricate timelines of the Participant selection process, Organizer may have to continue with whatever data is available, or in any other manner as it may deem reasonable.
- As part of Contestants’ contribution to the Competition, the Organizer may request Contestant(s) to participate in any online/interactive activity relating to the Competition including without limitation recordings of web-casts, interviews and participation in so-called ‘chat-rooms’. It is a further condition of entry and participation in the Competition that Contestant(s) ensure and procure from any and all Contributors their agreement and execution of the release form as devised from time to time by the Organizer.
- The Winner(s) of the Competition agrees that he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with the Organizer and participate in any activity and/or campaign (“Promotional Activity”) of any nature whatsoever without any money payable to the Winner(s). Further, the Winner(s)/Contestant(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever if required by the Organizer. The Winner(s)/Contestant(s) agrees that the footage of any nature shall vest with the Organizer, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
- Any photographs, videos etc. submitted to the Organizer or recorded during the Competition shall on submission / creation become the property of the Organizer and shall be available to the Organizer for exploitation throughout the world in perpetuity. The Contestant(s) shall ensure that the photos or videos submitted by them in any public domain or their performances shall not be obscene, vulgar, defaming, denigrating women or children, hurting religious sentiments, depicting violence or shall not infringe the rights of a third person. In the event of any violation to the aforementioned, the Contestant(s) shall immediately be disqualified from taking part in the Competition or any further rounds of participation and such Contestant(s) shall solely remain liable for any action (criminal/civil) arising therefrom.
- Acceptance of these Rules and Regulations by the Participants / Contestants constitutes permission for the Organizer, its affiliates and approved Third parties to click photographs, record videos of the Contestant(s) and use the Contestant(s) name, photographs, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes in any media worldwide for purposes of advertising and trade without any additional compensation whatsoever.
- The Company or the Producers will not entertain any claims / questions / queries with respect to the authenticity or correctness of any questions and answers for the questions asked in any round of the Competition.
- The Company’s decision on the correctness or incorrectness of any answer is final and binding on all Contestants.
- The Organizer will be responsible for providing Trophies and certificates and / or any prizes or prize money to participants.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable on the prize money/products won by the Participant(s), under the laws of India shall be borne by the Participant(s) in relation to the prize. If there is any prize money, payment of prize money to the Winner(s) shall be after deduction of all applicable taxes and levies and subject to providing the relevant documents as intimated by the Organizer and will be paid within the time stipulated by the Organizer. A duly attested copy of the PAN card is compulsory to claim the prize money by the participant’s guardians.
- The procedures for registration and participation in the Competition are subject to the Rules and Regulations stated herein. Non-conformance by any Contestant(s) to the rules of the Competition will disqualify him/her from participation or winnings, immediately, as the case may be.
- In the event of any fault, misunderstanding or dispute concerning any part of the Competition, and/or the operation of the telephone system, Call-backs, the selection of Contestant(s) at any stage, or the validity of any questions or answer options, or the decision of the Organizer shall be final and binding on all Contestant(s). The Organizer of the Competition is empowered to take a decision on any case or instances not covered by the present Rules and Regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend (add, delete or modify) the Rules & Regulations governing the Competition and/or the Participant selection process prospectively or retrospectively, at its discretion and without prior notice, in order to improve the Competition or remedy any issues that occur.
- The Organizer has the right at any time to terminate the Competition without any prior intimation or notice to the public and also the Organizer is not obligated in any manner whatsoever to compensate any person or persons who have participated in the Competition and/or accommodate any person or persons who have been selected in the Competition for the Program.
- Registration to the Competition does not guarantee the selection of the Registrant(s) to proceed with the Competition. Registration also does not entitle any Contestant(s) to a prize or award.
- All registrations shall be subject to completion of the procedures by the Registrant(s) as per instructions received.
- Taking part in the registration process shall be deemed to be acceptance by the Registrant(s) to receive promotional messages from the Company or any third party so authorized by the Organizer.
- If the operation of the Competition (including without limitation the operation of the related telephone systems and software systems); the recording; broadcast of any/all of the Show is prevented by an event of force majeure, the Company may cancel all or any part of the Competition/Show, or take such other decision as it deems fit.
- Notwithstanding a Contestant’s participation in the Competition, there is no obligation on the part of the Organizer to broadcast any Show in which he/she has taken part, or any or all of his / her contribution as recorded by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to re-schedule the date(s) of registration, call-backs, recording the Studio Part of the Competition and broadcast, at its discretion.
- n case the Winner(s) is found to be in violation of any and all rules/process of the Competition, the Organizer reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such person(s) including but not limited to having the concerned winner return the prizes won on the Show together with penalty interest as deemed fit by the Organizer.
- If Contestant(s) are unclear as to the Rules & Regulations of participation he/she will have to send an email to (insert registered email id here) The Organizer shall make reasonable endeavors to respond thereto. The above shall not, however, be a ground for extension of time / deadlines as specified herein
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the structure of the Competition as it sees fit including without limitation by adding / reducing / altering rounds to the Competition.
- It is a condition of entry and participation in the Competition that Contestant(s) make themselves available to participate in the Competition, agree and sign up the Contestant Release/indemnity Form and any other documents as requested by the Organizer and abide by terms and conditions of such Contestant Release Form and the Rules, Regulations as devised from time to time by the Organizer including but not by way of limitation these Rules & Regulations.
- The Organizer’s decision (or, where appropriate, the decision of the Judges) is final and the Contestant(s) acknowledge that the interests of the Program/Show shall override those of any Contestant(s) and/ or Contributor.
- The Contestant(s) must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Competition and observe these Rules & Regulations and any other Rules & Regulations in force at the selection stage and/or Studio. The Organizer reserves the right in its absolute discretion to remove from the Competition, Studio any Contestant(s) who breaks such rules and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Contestant(s).
- These Rules & Regulations supersede any and all release forms signed by the Contestant(s) and in the event of any conflict between Contestant Release Form and these Rules & Regulations, these Rules & Regulations will prevail.
- No weapons, alcohol or illicit substances will be permitted at any premises or during any part of the Competition. Contestant(s) must be of good moral character and not be under the influence or habit of any medication, drugs or other psychotropic substance which may impair their ability to participate in the Competition. Use of any prohibited substances could lead to disqualification.
- If any provision of these Rules & Regulations is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or part, the other provisions of these Rules & Regulations and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
- These Rules & Regulations and the Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the Contestant(s) submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the Courts in Delhi
- Use of mobile phones will not be permitted during the Competition. It may lead to disqualification.
- Registration does not guarantee the selection or participation of the Contestant(s) and such selection shall be as per the sole discretion of the Company or its affiliates
- The Organizer of the Competition is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present Rules and Regulations Liability
- The Organizer is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Contestant(s) and/or the Winner (s) in any manner whatsoever, in relation to the Competition and/or prize.
- The Organizer, Judges, the host, the advertising agencies, the sub-contractors used by Organizer for the Competition, and any person or entity connected with the organization, administration or judging of the Competition (the “Relevant Parties”) shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Contestant(s) or the Contributors, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Contestant(s) or Contributors arising from or pursuant to the Competition or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Contestant(s) or Contributors at any stage of the Competition and during production thereof whether or not caused by (1) the administration (including scheduling) of the Competition including any failure of transportation or inability for any reason to appear for the Audition/before the Judges; (2) the Contestant’s or any third party’s participation in the Competition, or being selected or disqualified; (3) as a result of the decisions of the Judges or Organizer; (4) as a result of any comment, remark, judgment, view, criticism, critique, opinion and/or observation made and/or passed by the Host and/or Organizer; and/or (5) any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the Competition. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, the Relevant Parties expressly exclude liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to the Competition. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will the Relevant Parties be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Contestant(s); or circumstances beyond the Relevant Parties including the Organizer’s reasonable control.
- The Winner(s) and/or the Contestant(s) of the Competition agrees that he/she shall hold harmless the Organizer, its employees, officers, sub-contractors or any other person in connection with the prize won by him/her and/or in relation to the Competition/Program including but not limited to the procedure in the Competition and shall also not file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against sponsor and/or the Organizer to claim any damages or reliefs.
- The Organizer will not be responsible for any loss / theft of belongings of the Contestant(s) on the sets of the Competition/Studio, before/during/after the Competition.
- The Organizer or any of its affiliates will not be liable for any loss of earnings, employment or otherwise caused to the Contestant(s) and arising as a result of his/her participation in the Audition or the Show Part, if selected
- Organizer and its sub-contractors cannot and shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Competition on account of any factors beyond their control.
- Organizer and its sub – contractors shall not be held responsible or accountable to any of the Contestant(s)/Contributor(s), for any loss, injury or any other liability which may arise, enroute while coming to the venue of Audition or while attending the Studio Part / Program / Shoot or while participating in the Competition and for which the Contestant(s)/Contributor(s) will be required to sign an indemnity in favor of the Organizer. The Contestant(s)/Contributor(s) agree to release, discharge, and covenant, not to sue the Organizer or any of its associate agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and/or any other agencies or individuals connected with the Competition in any manner, from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, cost and expenses, in any way arising out of or resulting from the Contestant(s) involvement in the selection process
a. The Contestant(s) hereby agree to indemnify the Company or its affiliates against any claims that might arise from their actions or omissions while participating in the Audition / Competition
b. Apart from the entitlement to be part of the Competition “Space Odyssey 20018”, the Contestant or his / her legal guardian will have no other rights or claims against the Organizer. For the sake of clarity, it is stated that the Contestant(s) of the Audition or the Competition shall not be paid any consideration.
- The only way to enter the Space Odyssey 2018 Competition is through participation as described in Rules and Regulations. There is no other way of entering the contest. Any person claiming that he/she can help get you win for a consideration is defrauding you. Please contact your local police and report this person immediately.